UpdatedThursday July 2, 2020 bySusan Unger.
Fall Tackle Information - 2020 season
REGISTER BY MARCH 28 FOR FALL TACKLE TO AVOID LATE FEES AND TO ORDER YOUR CUSTOM GAME JERSEY!
Here is a brief overview. More information regarding schedule and locations will be emailed to teams once all the teams and coaches are established.
Practices start August 3, 2020. The first week will be M - F, 6 - 8 pm. All conditioning, no gear. The second week of practice drops down to M - TH. Once school starts, practices will be T, W and F and/or a possible Saturday depending on your coach's schedule. After players complete 10 hours of conditioning and have all their paperwork complete, they’ll be eligible to receive their gear. We completely understand that families have vacation time planned, or even day trips here and there. Please let your coach know if your player will miss practices so we can plan accordingly.
To ensure player safety, American Youth Football mandates that players have 10 hours of conditioning without pads prior to the start of padded practice. Players will not be able to practice in pads until they complete 10 hours of non-padded instruction. Insurance requires that athletes are NOT allowed on the field until all paperwork is complete.
Games will be held once a week, typically on Sundays. Game schedule comes out in late August.
Due to COVID restrictions, there will be no Central Mass Jamboree this year. Players will be certified in late August - time and location TBD.
We will have a Dick's 20% off weekend in late July to stock up on gear. NYFC earns a small portion of sales when folks bring the flyer. 20% off applies to almost everything in the store. Great time to stock up and even do a little shopping for yourself!
NYFC and MYF will provide helmets, shoulder pads, chin straps, game jersey and game pants. Players to provide their own mouth guards, cleats, cup/strap, practice pants and practice jersey. NEW THIS YEAR - players will get to keep their game jerseys! Register by March 28 to request game jersey numbers and to get your jersey personalized! Late fees will apply after March 28 to cover the cost of the name plate and stitching from Riddell.
We are hoping for single grade teams when possible, but it all depends on registrations when we are forming the teams. Final team announcements will come out when we get closer to the start of the season.
All of our Football coaches are certified and trained in the following safety courses:
- CDC Heads Up Concussion Training
- National Alliance for Youth Sports : Concussions
- National Alliance for Youth Sports : Bullying Prevention
- AYF Safety and Health Training
- Hawk Tackling Certification from the Seattle Seahawks
- Football Education Training from American Youth Football]
- CPR/FIrst Aid Certification - at least 1 Certified Coach per team
2020 player forms packets will be posted as soon as they are available. In the meantime, a quick reminder:
- For all NEW participants, an original birth certificate with a raised seal is required.
- For all participants, new and returning, two copies of the 2019 final report card are required.
- For all participants, new medical clearance forms are required to be signed from the child's doctor in 2019. Signatures or dates from 2019 will not be accepted. These forms will be distributed in the 2020 player forms packets as soon as they are availble.